Thursday. March 1, 2012
World Evangelism Praying day for me. A new place. Picked randomly. Trusting that GOD is leading the choice. What place on planet earth does not need prayer? What people do not need petitions lifted to the Throne of Grace on their behalf even by an unknown woman in lower Alabama?
From my very limited research thus far it is a beautiful place; less than 5,000 people living there. Rustic and pristine are some of the words I have read to describe Her.
Rustic and pristine — hmm.
I know the definition but checked free dictionary dot-com anyway, wondering if I could apply those words for some helpful insight.
1. of, characteristic of, or living in the country; rural
2. having qualities ascribed to country life or people; simple; unsophisticated rustic pleasures
3. crude, awkward, or uncouth
4. made of untrimmed branches a rustic seat
5. (Fine Arts & Visual Arts / Furniture) denoting or characteristic of a style of furniture popular in England in the 18th and 19th centuries, in which the legs and feet of chairs, tables, etc., were made to resemble roots, trunks, and branches of trees
6. (Fine Arts & Visual Arts / Architecture) (of masonry) having a rusticated finish
having qualities ascribed to country life or people; simple; unsophisticated rustic pleasures — Not a distasteful description, if you ask the right persons. I know some wonderful people who are simple, unsophisticated, and it is a pleasure and privilege to enjoy their company and fellowship. Perhaps even I would be fortunate enough to be this kind of rustic.
a. Remaining in a pure state; uncorrupted by civilization.
b. Remaining free from dirt or decay; clean: pristine mountain snow.
2. Of, relating to, or typical of the earliest time or condition; primitive or original.
Oh wouldn’t I love to be that: uncorrupted by civilization
But alas, only one fits this description: JESUS CHRIST the Righteous!
And for sure, for sure the people of Jasper, Alberta Canada (and every other place), rustic, sophisticated, wealthy, or in poverty; all need someone to seek the Pristine JESUS on their behalf.
Would you like to join me in this prayer endeavor for the month of March? I hope you will. It would be an honor and a pleasure to serve the people of Jasper alongside you in prayer.
Happy Thursday, my Friends!
18 And the wall was built of jasper; and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones: the first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald,
20 the fifth sardonyx, the sixth sardius, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst.
via Revelation 21 KJ21 – And I saw a new heaven and a new earth, – Bible Gateway.
Talk about PRISTINE!! 🙂