IDOK DEVOTION FOR WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 19, 2009
And this morning Leah Adams’ A Personal Walk Through the New Testament
As promised in my last post from Sunday afternoon, here is my personal walk through the New Testament.
- In Matthew, I am reminded that Jesus calls all sorts of people to follow Him.
- In Mark, He reminds me that even when I turn away, He is always waiting to take me back and use me.
- In Luke, I see Him as the Great Physician.
- In John, He is the Word made flesh sent to die for me.
- In Acts, I find Holy Spirit’s presence indwelling every believer.
- In Romans, He shows me His plan for salvation.
- In 1 Corinthians, I am reminded of the importance of the church to Him.
- In 2 Corinthians, He urges us to see our trials as a way that one day we can comfort others going through similar trials.
- In Galatians, His Spirit encourages me to live in such a way as to produce fruit.
- In Ephesians, I am reminded that He is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that I ask or think.
- In Philippians, He tells us that one day every knee will bow before Him.
- In Colossians, He is Christ in me, the hope of glory.
- In 1 Thessalonians, He promises that one day He will descend from heaven with a shout and call us to Him.
- In 2 Thessalonians, He warns us about the coming antichrist.
- In 1 Timothy, I am urged to be wary of false teachers.
- In 2 Timothy, I am reminded of the importance of leaving a godly legacy.
- In Titus, He calls me to be a woman who sets a godly example for other women.
- In Philemon, He is the forgiving Master.
- In Hebrews, He is the better Sacrifice and the better Priest who ministers a better Covenant in a better Tabernacle.
- In James, I am given tests to prove my faith genuine.
- In 1 Peter, He reminds me that I am part of a royal priesthood, a chosen generation and a holy nation.
- In 2 Peter, He gives us everything we need for life and godliness.
- In 1 John, I am reminded to not love the world or the things of the world.
- In 2 and 3 John, He encourages me to practice Christian hospitality.
- In Jude, He is able to keep me from stumbling and to present me faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy!
- In Revelation, He is the Lamb that was slain before the foundation of the world!!
Hallelujah!! He is my joy and crown!!
And to this I reply Amen and amen!
Praise Reports and Prayer Requests
This is our (Tuesday) report on Doug: Doug did great at therapy today. We were both really pleased. They worked with his shoulders and arm, and he was able to raise his right arm about 2 inches. I asked how long it would be before he would be able to get some control over his arm and be able to do things for himself, and she said in about 4 weeks. They understand our problem, and seem to be more than willing to work hard to get the use of his arm back. They ordered a hand exerciser, and we picked up a deck of cards for him to start using. We will be exercising the arm, hand, and the fingers. Last night he couldn’t write anything; today he wrote his name.
ABBA, Thank You for Doug’s improvement. Please continue his progress. And, Lord, thank You that You have called us, all sorts of us, to be Your Daughters, Sons and Servants; we pray for strength to be humble servants, glorifying only You. Thank You that You are the Great Physician, so we bring those who are sick and we pray You will heal them. Thank You for the privilege of praying for Katie H.; we do not praise You for how ill she is but that You are able to give her a complete recovery and we ask You to do that. Thank You that You are the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world so we can be saved from the penalty of our sin and even in the here and now You save us from the practice of sin, process by process. And thank You that not only do You call us to be godly examples, You empower us to be so as we yield to Your discipline and training. I don’t yield enough but I pray for the heart to yield more and more. Thank You for the protection You continue to give our IDOK Troops and we pray again for their safety today. We pray for the peace of Israel; for the spread of Your Gospel around the world for sinners to repent and for we Your saints to conduct ourselves as becoming Your Children and this we pray for Jesus Name sake. Amen and amen. A SPECIFIC UNSPOKEN. Unspoken Requests – situations so close you can only speak to Father about. Katie H. Amber Johns. Joe-Ann. McCarver Family. Vickie and Family. Brittany M and family. Dennis and Lisa J. Jack. Melanie and Jay M. Susanne M. Alice T. Elaine W and Family. Joni and Todd. Roy and Julee. Glenn R and his family. Holly. Donald 2. Ed G. Debra B. Jon E. Katie B. Brian. Donald 1. Loyce McM. DeLois. Mollie B. Marzelle. KC. Neolle T. Mary F. MH and J. Caleb and his family – Rob, Vaughn, Whitaker and Donoghue. Dora. Mattie. Jarrod. BETTY. Brenda and her family. Joshua A. Kim T and her parents. Martha McC. Tamra and Family. Rachel and family. Joe and Rose. Darlene’s Sister, Leona. Tammy B and Family. Jackie K. Brian T. Ricky M. Linda and Family. Joe. Michael H. Linda W. Debbie W. Natalie. Jacqueline and Sons (River and Jackson). Sandra. Dot B. Julia O. Ann C. Stan and Jowanna and Family Mary.. Susan D. Melissa and daughters. Jason A and his mother. Wayne B. Melinda H. Brennan and his family. Joshua. Mabel’s Aunt Lou. Heather and Brandon. Darlene and Torkel. W C and family. Maggie and Family. Katelyn (B) J Lloyd. Janet and Steve. Bay and family. Bill and Judy. Doug. Larry and Claudia and family. Callie. Ruth. Cynthia. Allyson and Glyn and family. Brittney and Kersten and family. Sheila and Andy. Carrie and Rachel and Jacob and family. Chuck. Helen and Dan and family. Jen and Larry and family. Mollie and family. Andrew and Daughters.
Shay and Emma’s Kids (orphanage in Zambia) Ministry
Every IDOK and every IDOK son and daughter and grandchild.
Every IDOK Pastor and Family. Every IDOK church.
The Peace of Israel.
Revival in America.
ABBA, I have removed the ‘posting’ for the Cleansing of America but I know the prayer is eternal with You.
IDOKs Military Families.
IDOKs Troops (foreign soil) – Ethan. Christopher. Raul. Robert. Billy. Buddy. Mark. Josh W. James. Bryan. Nick. Brant W. Christopher R. Joshua M. Brent. Justin G. Michael K. Bay N. T. Palin. Richard M. Bobby G. (added 12/16/08) Tommy T. Kyle N(3/09). Jessica D. (4/09) Sgt. Vince Barrientos (5/2009)
IDOK Troops leaving shortly for foreign soil: Brandon B.
Serving Stateside: Jonathan. Jasmine B. Shaun. Bay. Danny. Lee. George. Travis N. Hawk. Justin G. Tommy W.
Injured: Lukas S. (11/30/08)
Military at home, specifically those emotional-spirit wounds that only God and Time can heal – Adam M. Captain Tran. Josh. John L. Drew.
As I post this it is 86°F and clear in Kabul, AH (Airport) and the time 4:59 PM AFT (GMT +04) on August 19, 2009.