24 and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed. 2 Peter 2:24 [source]
Yes. Same verse. Second day. Focus today: He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross,
The filth of our sins poured into Him. He who NEVER committed even one of them experienced the filth of each of them. And not just the deadly feeling of the filth but the actual legal guilt of our sins were imposed on Him, personally in His own body!
Lets review just a few.
- You shall have no other gods before me.
- You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
- You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain,
- Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
- Honor your father and your mother,
- You shall not murder. (Matthew 15:19, Matthew 5:21-22)
- You shall not commit adultery. (Matthew 5:28 – applies male and female)
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- You shall not covet
So which one have we NOT done? For many of us when we consider the passages in Matthew, perhaps we have done them all. Sobering?
So. How grateful am I that He bore my sins in His body on the cross? (Like it or not) My behavior surely shows how grateful I am!
Day 141 of 2015 ~ ~ Repentance. Perhaps our greatest need ~~~ Kathie
Need someone to come alongside to pray with you? email me