Officially our play days are all but gone! My beloved gets to go back to the office in the morning. I will miss having him around here underfoot 🙂 It’s been good to relax and lay much of my routines aside for a spell, but tomorrow it’s back to business.
On Sunday my Pastor (Roy Hill) gave a superb sermon. I’d like to share his five major points:
Five Resolutions every Christian should make:
1. Do the things I told Christ I would do on the day He saved me.
2. Love Christ more. And here’s how: Love Him FIRST. Love Him MOST. Love Him DAILY. And there’s more. To do this means DAILY I will spend time in the WORD. DAILY I will seize time for talking to Him. DAILY I will invest time LISTENING to Him.
3. Share my faith. Look at every person I see as someone Jesus died for and when the HOLY SPIRIT prompts and opens the door, TELL THEM JESUS died for them.
4. Be the family member God wants me to be. For me, that’s being a godly wife, mother, grandmother, sister, aunt, or cousin.
5. Be the church member God wants me to be. That means show up and let JESUS show out in me.
And here at the close of day 2, I could have practiced these better BUT tomorrow His mercies are fresh and new and practice makes perfect!! 🙂
Lamentations 3: 21This I recall to my mind; therefore have I hope:
22 It is through the LORD’S mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning; great is Thy faithfulness.
24 “The LORD is my portion,” saith my soul, “Therefore will I hope in Him.”
25 The LORD is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh Him.
26 It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.
via Lamentations 3 KJ21 – I am the man that hath seen affliction – Bible Gateway.
JESUS LOVES YOU,