At this posting, it is Wednesday morning in Lower Alabama. There’s some cloud cover and some peeking rays here and there.
I am bringing to you another youtube today and I hope you will invest the moments to glean from it.
Prepare to be Prepared,
The Passage is Matthew 26:31-35. If you click HERE you can read it.
Among other things, I got this, this morning.
Until next time.
I copied this from Facebook and am bringing it here to you.
I hope you will spread it around but more than that I hope you and your life AMEN it!
My Granny told me throughout my adolescent years- “Be like Daniel.” As we ended our phone conversations, as I hurried off to school, before my Saturday track meets, as I walked out the door with my date, her words were an ever-present reminder. She had a way of taking the most profound thoughts and condensing them into the simplest of phrases. While I understood some of what she meant at the time, it’s taken the last few years to come to fully value the depth of her wisdom.
The America I have known my entire life is no more. Driven by politics over relationships, we find the great tapestry of our Nation hanging on by a few worn-out threads. I am finding myself enraged by the actions of both sides. I am worried about what the future holds for my children. I am disheartened by all the noise. And I am broken over the divide we all find ourselves in.
This afternoon I wept as I watched the news. Is this really what America has become? Are we really allowing our country to be torn to shreds from sensational news coverage, social media posts, and a virus that has affected all of us in some way? Have we really allowed our nation to implode from within? The core of who we are- the UNITED States of America- utterly divided?
Tears ran down my face as I rocked my newborn son- how do I raise him and his sisters in such a tumultuous climate? What will life look like for them going forward?
As I continued to rock, my sweet Granny’s southern tone filled my ears- “Be like Daniel.” So I turned to Daniel 6. Daniel had just learned that his worship would sentence him to death in the lion’s den. While many know this portion of Scripture from the Sunday School lessons, Daniel is saved from the lions, it is his response to the decree that warrants such a profound statement to serve as a reminder to us all.
“When Daniel knew that the document had been signed, he went to his house where he had windows in his upper chamber open toward Jerusalem. He got down on his knees three times a day and prayed and gave thanks before his God, as he had done previously.” – Daniel 6:10
“As he had done previously.”
Be like Daniel, Arianna.”
Daniel was guaranteed the consequences of going about life the same, yet he didn’t waver in his commitment to worship. He didn’t mourn the loss of his right to pray, he prayed as he had previously done. He didn’t deny the punishment that was to come, he fixed his eyes on Jerusalem as he had previously done, remembering his identity as God’s chosen people. He didn’t fear death, he worshipped as he had previously done.
He remembered Who was in control.
He remembered Who alone he worshipped.
He responded by doing just as he had done previously.
Friends, I don’t know where you find yourselves tonight. There’s a good chance that while we may all align differently on the political spectrum we all find ourselves grieved by what has taken place today. Collectively, we mourn the state of our nation.
I don’t know where you stand with Jesus Christ. I don’t know what you believe and hold to. But I can tell you- my response going forward will be to do as I have previously done.
To raise my children to know and honor God, as warriors for His Truth, as soldiers of compassion and love for all made in His image, and as seekers of righteousness in a fallen world. To walk with my husband, hand-in-hand, proclaiming the Gospel in our words and deeds, creating a home that is a sanctuary of praise for our Father and a refuge of hope for those in need. To go about my days reading His word, being refined by His Truth, transformed by His holiness, forever reminded that He holds our days in His hands.
I do not know what tomorrow holds. I do not know what life looks like ten years from now. I do not know how our nation will even go forward from here. But I can be like Daniel. Amid the dark news of today, I can respond by doing as I have always done- surrendered to the will of the Father, worshipping Him no matter what looms ahead. And in so doing, I can raise yet another generation to respond the same-
On the darkest of days.
When the world is more divided than ever.
When fear overwhelms.
Fix your eyes on Him.
Fall on your knees before Him.
Pray, give thanks, and worship your God.
Just as you have done.
The God who shut the mouths of lions for Daniel holds the future in His hands. We need not fear. We simply must respond and do as we have previously done.
Got Kids at home?
Any age will do, from toddler to just before leaving to build their own nest.
Here’s the Recipe (Giving you plenty of time to prepare to give your Loves this experience this Ressurection Sunday.)
YIELD: 36-42 cookies
Now for the Instructions.
- Read the whole recipe before beginning, try to do together Saturday night before Easter Sunday.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- You need: Mixing bowl, Wooden spoon, Bible, Zipper baggie, Waxed paper, Cookie sheet, Tape.
- Place pecans in zipper baggie and let children beat them with the wooden spoon to break into small pieces.
- Explain that after Jesus was arrested, He was beaten by the Roman soldiers.
- Read John 19:1-3.
- Let child smell the vinegar.
- Put 1 tsp into mixing bowl.
- Explain that when Jesus was thirsty on the cross, He was given vinegar to drink.
- Read John 19:28-30.
- Add egg whites to the vinegar.
- Eggs represent life.
- Explain that Jesus gave His life to give us life.
- Read John 10:10-11.
- Sprinkle a little salt into each child’s hand.
- Let them taste it and brush the rest into the bowl.
- Explain that this represents the salty tears shed by Jesus’ followers, and the bitterness of our own sin.
- Read Luke 23:27.
- So far, the ingredients are not very appetizing.
- Add 1 cup sugar.
- Explain that the sweetest part of the story is that Jesus died because He loves us.
- He wants us to know and belong to Him.
- Read Psalm 34:8 and John 3:16.
- Beat with a mixer on high speed for 11-15 minutes until stiff peaks are formed.
- Explain that the color white represents the purity in God’s eyes of those whose sins have been cleansed by Jesus.
- Read Isaiah 1:18 and John 3:1-3.
- Fold in broken nuts.
- Drop by tsp onto waxed paper-covered cookie sheet.
- Explain that each mound represents the rocky tomb where Jesus’ body was laid.
- Read Matt. 27:65-66.
- Put cookie sheet in the oven.
- Close the door and turn the oven OFF.
- Give each child a piece of tape and seal the oven door.
- Explain that Jesus’ tomb was sealed.
- Read Matt. 27:65-66.
- Go to Bed!
- Explain that they may feel sad to leave the cookies in the oven overnight.
- Jesus’ followers were in despair when the tomb was sealed.
- Read John 16:20 and 22.
- On Resurrection Morning open the oven and give everyone a cookie!
- Notice the cracked surface and take a bite.
- The cookies are hollow!
- On the first Resurrection Day, Jesus’ followers were amazed to find the tomb open and empty.
- Read Matt. 28:1-9.
- HE HAS RISEN!
And to give credit, Click HERE and you will be directed to the website from whence I copied the foregoing.
I hope there are families out there who will embrace this and make it a tradition.
If you use this recipe, I’d love to hear your stories.
Who has not asked the question – why does GOD allow suffering?
I hope you will watch and hear the message here.
Just in case you want to know.
The foregoing information was derived from HERE. Please check it out for further information.
iatrongenic reaction – defined.
Additionally, there is information floating around the WEB that the foregoing is false information. (See HERE)
My rule of thumb for some time now is this:
IF the secular world is saying it;
IF Hollywood is saying it;
IF Big Tech is saying it;
IF mainstream media is saying it;
IF the Washington Elite are saying it — I am fully confident that GOD is NOT saying it.
It is becoming increasingly hazzardous to live in this world – my counsel, should you choose to accept it, is to seek The LORD and obey what HE tells you.
If you have already taken the JAB, trust GOD.
If you choose to not take the JAB, trust GOD.